I used Scholastic bonus points this year to get some Whisper Phones.

Scholastic calls it the Whisper Phone a Toobaloo.  I ordered it as part of a
Lucky catalog order, but I believe they sell it as part of the bonus
catalog.  The code I used to order the Toobaloo is 7812.

Each Toobaloo was 175 bonus points.  My fifth grade students were able to
use them, but they would fit younger students too.
I taped the words "ear" and "mouth" on each phone, so everyone would use the
phone the same way.  We did clean the phones too.  They are made of bright
red plastic and look great.

I bought these for fluency work and to help my ELL students to hear
themselves as they read their stories out loud.  They seem to be able to
hear their words better when they speak in the phone.

Francie