I have been a mentor for the vast state of Alaska and deal with this issue
continually. This is a flaw in our system. Teachers claim, "I've paid my
dues", and then the new, young teacher gets the tough class.
My advice is to be honest with your administrator and point out the fact you
are dealing with multiple issues, new to the profession. Emphasis on
PROFESSION! A new teacher should never be given a challenge class and if it
was unavoidable, much support should have been offered.
Hayden/AK
[EMAIL PROTECTED]