I bought Tanny's book last June and loved it.  My daughter, who teaches in
Thailand, came home for a visit and the book travelled back to Thailand with
her.  She is using it with her grade one class in Bangkok and said it is
going very well.  Her class is high ESL, so I am sure that it would work
well with our high ESL populations.  I teach grade 5, but I am planning to
use the same ideas to introduce the strategies.  (of course, I had to buy a
second copy).

Donna Baker