It really doesn't matter where OC came from. We have to use SOMETHING to teach
these kids. I was just as furious when I heard the connection 5 years ago, but
our enemy is NOT the program. It's the administrators who peer over our
shoulder and call us "infidels" (ha ha) if we all aren't on the same page. The
program I used before OC didn't even direct me to teach much comprehension at
all. How helpful was that? I was excited to see all the interactive lessons in
OC. This country is run by the almighty dollar, and even if we got rid of
scripted programs, there would be something else to shove down our throats so
someone could make money. A good teacher can work miracles with any program if
she isn't being micro managed by an administrator who doesn't have the
individual child in mind. Just educate us, give us great ideas, give us many
different ideas, let effective teachers train new teachers and give us the REAL
research to draw from. I think administrators are also being
 told what to do with us. Maybe their job is on the line, too. Someone higher
up has to come to their senses. Bush is being advised, and poorly advised I
think.