Last year I had a student diagonosed with ADHD and in NJ he was not eligible
for special ed. services (with an IEP) but he was eligible for a 504.  In
previous years, I have done a Connor's scale observation for students who I
suspected had an attentional problem for their pediatrican.  My neice has ADHD
and my sister had a neurological done on her.  She goes to the hospital every
couple of months so they can monitor her meds.  Her first medication caused her
to lose weight and so she had to go on another.  The medication she's on now
has an adverse reaction to red dye #2 and so my sister was forced to throw away
half of her snacks.