Hi,
I also have the interactive readalouds for grades 2-3 and I did my first lesson
about 2 weeks ago and it went really great - I am using another lesson this
week- we will see how it goes.
I really like how you are given extensions and most all of the literature is
easy to find. I have not yet done the shared reading portion or the reader's
theatre, but will be doing it this week.
Rosa> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: mosaic@literacyworkshop.org> Date: Sun, 30
Sep 2007 23:25:53 -0500> Subject: Re: [MOSAIC] prediction> > > > > How do you
like the Linda Hoyt resource?> > > > I've been using Linda Hoyt's comprehension
strategy lessons in her> > Interactive> > Read Alouds series for gr. K-1 and
2-3. My gr. 2 students enjoyed the> > predicting strategy> > lesson for
Blueberries for Sal..their schema for bears led their thinking > > one> > way,
so> > there were opportunities for them to revise their predictions throughout
> > the> > book.> > There's always a readers theater script for after each
lesson which is > > great> > for> > my students w non-English or
limited-English proficiencies.> >> > here's the link:> >
http://www.interactivereadalouds.com> >> >> > In a message dated 9/29/07
7:29:04 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:> >> >> >> Does anyone have titles of good
picture books to teach predicting and> >> confirming or changing predictions
for primary grades (grade 2)? I do > >> know> > that> >> almost any story can
be used for this but I was looking in particular for> > short> >> books in
which some predictions would not turn out as expected-that is, I> >> don't want
everything to be so predictable. Thanks in advance.> >>> >> >> >> >> >
**************************************> > See what's new at http://www.aol.com>