You might consider Comprehension Connections--it isn't long and has ideas
ready to go.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Nancy Hagerty
Sent: Thursday, October 04, 2007 7:01 PM
To: mosaic@literacyworkshop.org
Subject: Re: [MOSAIC] Help. .(again)

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 10/04/07 7:39 PM >>>
 I'm torn between starting with
"Mosaic of Thought" or "Reading with Meaning." What do you all think?
Also, as far as starting the group. . . What do you think would be the
best possible way of advertising? We all know that not every teacher is
open to new ideas and I really want to present it in the best light
possible. Please share any of your thoughts or personal experiences.

Hi Christina.

While I absolutely LOVE Reading with Meaning, many of our staff members
didn't even care to look at it once they found out Debbie was a first
grade teacher.  They felt her style didn't work for them and that what
she was doing didn't pertain to them. (They are missing SOOOOOO much)
but, that being said you may want to start with the new Mosaic and then
move on with those that show an interest.

Good luck!
Nancy