I totally agree with Jennifer's advice on the books.

-----Original Message-----
From: Paula Rushia <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Mosaic: A Reading Comprehension Strategies Email Group
<mosaic@literacyworkshop.org>
Sent: Sat, 6 Oct 2007 8:29 am
Subject: Re: [MOSAIC] Help. .(again)

At my school, our Reading With Meaning book club was open to all grade levels,
and as a fifth grade teacher, I'm so glad I joined it.  RWM clearly explains
how
to teach the strategies described in Mosaic.  I found it easy to envision how
Miller's lessons would look in a fifth grade classroom.
Paula

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
I had a similar experience...intermediate teachers were turned off by the
primary focus.
One group picked Mosaic rather than Strategies That Work (it looked  shorter)
but found it too abstract. They wanted practical.
Those that did Strategies That Work were intimidated at first by the size  of
the book but found it the most practical and applicable of all...
Jennifer
Maryland
In a message dated 10/4/2007 9:02:19 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,