From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] on behalf of Beverlee Paul
Sent: Sun 12/2/2007 6:15 PM
To: Mosaic: A Reading Comprehension Strategies Email Group
Subject: Re: [MOSAIC] retelling & DRA2

None yet has responded to my question about the efficacy of retelling. Are  we
testing memory or true comprehension? I am most interested in your thoughts.
Maxine

This goes to the same question that Elaine Garan and I discussed back in summer
posts. Is retelling receptive or expressive? Not an answer, I guess, but an
additional layer to your question, Maxine.  My personal answer? Once more, my
favorite answer to so many questions that can't be answered for any but one kid
in one place at one time--it depends.  Bev