Hello Everyone,
I am a literacy coach working in a middle school in a district that is deeply
committed to MOT strategies, but our self-contained SPED population is not
making AYP, thus this request....We are going to adopt a reading program...it
is just a matter of which one. I don't necessarily agree with this idea, but
it is going to happen whether I like it or not. I desperately need some
suggestions for "tried and true" programs that are out there. Actually, my
first choice is Read 180 which we already have, but I'm not sure that they
will consider putting in another entire program for SPED.

I work with grades 6-8 in a district with a large ELL population. Any
suggestions? I feel the collective minds on this list have been excellent
problem solvers in the past. My research leads me to the following programs:
Language! Wilson, Slant and SRA. Does anyone use these programs? Are there
others we should consider? Can anyone help??

Barb
Literacy Coach
Melrose Park, IL