I did not get the message you just refered to, I only saw the four blocks. I
didn't see the four square.

Four square is a writing method. I apologize!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, January 08, 2008 10:32 PM
To: Mosaic: A Reading Comprehension Strategies Email Group
Subject: Re: [MOSAIC] Teaching kids to record their thinking

Thanks, Deb. I have heard of Four Blocks, but am still unclear if this is
what Michelle meant when she wrote

"I teach fifth grade and use sticky notes all of the time. Kids write on
them
> and then we attach them to a "four-square" page (a paper that simply has
> been divided into four squares with room for the title of the book at the
> top) that is kept in their individual reading binders--pages of direct
> evidence of the kids' thinking while reading.  GREAT for classroom
formative
> assessment, report cards and parent-teacher conferences.  By the way, the
> kids also have the option of simply writing directly on the four-square
> page, bypassing the sticky note.  Most use the notes though because of
their
> portability and small, non-threatening size."

This does not sound like the same four sections to which you are referring,
if the children are placing stickies onto the page to show their
metacognition during reading.

Maura

From: "Deb Smith" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>