-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Stephanie Pincombe
Sent: Sunday, February 03, 2008 2:54 PM
To: mosaic@literacyworkshop.org
Subject: [MOSAIC] recording responses

Hi all,

I am using Debbie Miller and Stephanie Harvey’s work in my grade ½
class.  However, the kids are all responding orally and I am not getting
the responses in writing when they are sharing at the end of our reading
time.  Referencing the book and their own schema in support of their
understanding is what I am looking for. I want them to maximize their
writing time but not spend too much time NOT actually reading.  When I
look at her videos and see the kids working away on charts together I am
a bit perplexed about how to get to that and maintain a balance – I am
new to this program but have 18 years teaching experience.  I am also
referencing Lucy Calkins writing workshop – am I trying to juggle too
much?
Having trouble seeing the forest for the trees.

Steph