I have a tablet laptop and a data/video EIKI "Icky" projector and a large
wall.  I imagine the projector is the similar.  The only thing you can't do
without the board itself is go to the wall to move stuff or write directly
to the wall.  My laptop before didn't have the writing capability, but I
just typed stuff.

Download the software from the web site.  It's free, and give it a try.
Kim

On Wed, Feb 13, 2008 at 7:56 PM, Debbie Goodis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Kim,
> Do you mean an ELMO computer and projector. I have that.
> Debbie
>
> kimberlee hannan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: You can do anything on a
> SmartBoard you can do on a chalkboard or a chart
> paper.  I have TONS of sites but it will take ma couple of days to compile
> them from booksmarks and such.  I loved mine.  However, if you don't have
> on, you can still use the software if you have a computer and a projector.
> Kim
>
> On Feb 13, 2008 6:37 AM, Diane Baker  wrote:
>
> > Hi Tami -
> >
> > I have one in my room...the smartboard will come with software that will
> > allow you to access a gallery of activities specifically designed for
> > interactive teaching. There is a variety of subjects and grade level
> > activities to choose from.
> > I have also used a website called rainforestmath with some fun
> activites.
> > I often will type activities into a word document and you can access it
> > directly as well and work with the document interactively with the
> calss.
> > There is also the option to use the scratch pad, which is a whiteboard
> > connected to the computer. Once the lesson is over, you can transfer the
> > writing you did to type and save it in a document for later use.
> > I hope this helps...
> >
> > Diane

Kim
-------