Hi Dave,
I just wanted to let you know that after much effort
(mostly thinking about it) I finally put together
(amplified) some text mapping lessons.
I think that I can honestly say that the lessons
helped my students score better on story elements.
Now I've put all their short stories on scrolls and
use them  for a variety of purposes---looking for word
families, main characters,----it's endless.  The
students now use the scrolls to reread to improve
their fluency.  It's like reading a story on a
billboard.!!! I especially like that students don't
have to worry about spelling because it's there.  They
can concentrate on the task.
Thanks!
olga