I enjoyed reading the dialog about the MRA conference. I attended it for 3 days
this weekend and found it very exciting. However (and I hope I'm doing this
right, because I don't usually post...), I get the digest version from this
group, and it often contains as many as 15 posts. I found it rather difficult
and frustrating to follow the dialog on the MRA because it seems like several
people are hitting reply to their own digest and not deleting all the extra
information.

For example (in case you don't know what I mean)...I read one digest with 15
messages. Then I read the next day's digest, and message 4 (or whatever
number....it happened more than once) included all 15 messages from the
previous day's digest. So once I realized this, I needed to quickly scroll
through all those, and after it said message 15 (from the day before), then it
finally said message 5 (from that day). However, if you're scrolling too fast,
it's easy to think you're still passing by old messages when you're actually
missing out on new ones. It becomes even more confusing when several people in
a row do this, because the messages alternate between old and new.

Could we be more conscious of deleting extra information in our replies,
especially if we're replying to digests? I'm sure we'd all appreciate it!