Union County was one of the orignal pilots for the Units of Study 3-5, working
directly with TC (or at least that is what one of their elementary principals
told me).  They might have someone who would be a good source.  Also, try the
ELA division of DPI (Lisa Llewelyn is one of the consultants that you could
contact).  My system is training us in the Caulkins model through our
curriculum facilitators, but I am not sure who did the original training for
them.  I know that the Curriculum Facilitator at my daughter's school is
awesome.

Kate in NC