-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Kimberly Burd
Sent: Tuesday, April 29, 2008 2:26 AM
To: mosaic@literacyworkshop.org
Subject: Re: [MOSAIC] Research Reading/Writing Connection

There is a professional resource book by Lester Laminack called Cracking
the Author's Craft. It lists multiple mentor texts AND comes with a DVD.
He does a couple of the lessons for YOU on the DVD (for the student to
view). It also has other items on the DVD for teachers only. Excellent
resource.

>>> "Patricia Hultquist" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 04/27/08 1:24 PM >>>
There is an excellent resource entitled  Mentor Texts, by Dorfman that I
have used with our teachers for using rich selections of children's
literature to teach how to write leads, endings, use show -not- tell,
etc.   Patti~

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 04/27/08 12:39 PM >>>
Does anyone know of any research for the reading/writing connection or
using mentor texts for reading/writing strategies?

  Thanks so much.

                Joy/NC/4
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  How children learn is as important as what they learn: process and
content go hand in hand. http://www.responsiveclassroom.org