Sure....if I don't have the list here at home, I definitely have it at
school...sorry, not here.  I'll send the list tomorrow.

Leslie

In a message dated 4/10/2008 11:13:50 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Leslie,
This sounds wonderful!  Could you share this year's  titles with us?

deb in Minnesota in a snowstorm!

-----Original  Message-----
From:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]  On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, April 10, 2008 10:00 PM
To:  mosaic@literacyworkshop.org
Subject: Re: [MOSAIC] Books and Grade  Levels

Amy,

I am in a K-8 building and every month we ALL read  the same book for what
we
call "Community Read".  Week one the  teachers all read the book to their
class, on a designated day at a  designated time.  Week two- at a designated
time
the book is  further visited perhaps with an acitivity or discussion.   Week
three more of the book with another activity.  Week four each  class  meets
with
their "Buddy Class" to jointly create a product  that connects to the  book's

theme.  We choose out books by  values, so that is our thrust.   We pair
grades
8 and 3, 7  and 2, K and 5 and so on.  It is a FABULOUS  program, enjoyed by
all.

Leslie

In a message dated 4/7/2008 11:15:06 P.M.  Eastern Daylight Time,