I tried to post something last night, but I didn't see the posting.  So I will
post it again.  I am taking a literacy course in graduate school and I had a
question about books with nonwords or nonsense words.  In our graduate class
our professor presented to us a book called "Hairy Bear"  The book has
sentences such as "I will crim cram crash'em"  While these are not real words
they are being used for phonics.  Is it such a good idea to use books with
words that are meaningless?  Do you use these type of books in the classroom?
Thank you for your help.  -Anne