Hello,

I am a fourth year teacher/bookaholic teaching second grade. I have accumulated
many many many books through Scholastic points, Goodwill visits, my own
daughter aging out of certain authors, etc. My question is, I need to narrow my
collection or organize it in some way because it all won't fit in my rather
small room. I would like to know if people rotate books in and out during the
year, and if so, how do you choose (besides theme/seasonality). For example,
with series books, do you keep only part of the series in the room for a few
months, then swap those out or add on? I don't formally level books, generally
because I have not had the time or help to tackle this task of looking up and
marking the books.?I do organize them by topic, etc. and indicate easier,
harder, challenging...and of course I teach the kids how to pick a book that's
right for them.

?

I really love books, and I'm sure many of my students grow to love books
because I share that enthusiasm with them We don' t have a school library. I've
worked so hard to acquire all of these books that I don't want to get rid of
many...how do you decide what to edit? I always think the book I give away will
be the one that will interest a reluctant reader. But I don't have space in my
room, school or home to store my hundreds of books. I need your ideas!

Thanks.

Maggi