I am currently teaching reading to students in grades 6 and 8 in small group
classes with children who are severely disabled in reading. I am working on
the strategies with them and have started with them hearing their inner voice
as
they read.  We are  having difficulty with this even with me modeling and
doing read alouds with them practicing. How would you approach reading with
students like this?

My second dilemma is that I have the 8th graders every other day which makes
having any kind of continuity nearly impossible.  Any ideas how to best
structure a class like this?

Pat  - NY