From: ljackson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [MOSAIC] Persuasive texts
To: "Mosaic: A Reading Comprehension Strategies Email Group"
<mosaic@literacyworkshop.org>
Date: Saturday, September 20, 2008, 10:58 AM

I have found nonfiction is always less of an issue when you factor in age
appropriateness, but Captain Underpants and Ricky Riccotta are generally a
hit for boys.  What are his interests and what is about the right level for
him?

Lori

On 9/20/08 7:46 AM, "Jennifer Olimpieri"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi I am trying to find titles for a fourth grade boy that is reading on a
low
> level. Can anyone suggest titles or a good website to help?

Grade
> Writers*(Parsons) in a couple of weeks. I'm in need of some persuasive
> texts to
> share w/ my 2nd graders. Here's what was in the list in the book, all
of
> which I've just ordered from Amazon (and which I'm hoping my
principal
> will
> pay for!!):
> Common Ground, Bang
> Dear Children of the Earth, Schimmel
> Why Should I Recycle?, Green/Gordon
> The Peace Book, Parr
> The Librarian of Basra, Winter
> Dear World, Noda
>
> Our library has The Meanest Thing to Say by Bill Cosby, and I'm still
> researching where to find 2 books by Joy Cowley (The Smile, and Sky to
Sea).

> If anyone has taught this unit, or one like it, are there any other
> suggestions for mentor texts?
>
> Thank you!
> Melissa/VA/2nd

Lori Jackson