Hi Wendy - You've gotten such thoughtful replies, and I'd like to kind of
sum up my experience and these replies and say:  I think he'd need to have a
truly compelling reason (not an excuse) to change to this and I think he'd
have kind of a hard time doing so.  He needs to think, "In what way would
these children be better served out of the classroom rather than in the
classroom?"  If there's no really good answer, I think the conclusion is
obvious.  Bev