  From: susan donnelly<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  To: Mosaic: A Reading Comprehension Strategies Email
Group<mailto:mosaic@literacyworkshop.org>
  Sent: Saturday, October 11, 2008 12:28 PM
  Subject: Re: [MOSAIC] Your thoughts

  Wait I agree with Renee
  also Isnt this against Inclusion policies for all kids ?
  meaning isnt this against the law ?
  Susan Donnelly

  --- On Sat, 10/11/08, Renee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>>

  From: Renee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>>
  To: "Mosaic: A Reading Comprehension Strategies Email Group"
<mosaic@literacyworkshop.org<mailto:mosaic@literacyworkshop.org>>
  Date: Saturday, October 11, 2008, 11:10 AM

  Wait a minute.

  If the high kids are taken out, and the kids with IEPs are taken out,
  then you are already left with only part of your class and it seems to
  me that it is a PERFECT opportunity for you to go over, reteach,
  extend, or clarify lessons already taught, AND/OR to have kids doing
  some independent activities while you confer with them individually. I
  think your principal doesn't know what the heck he is talking about.

  Renee  <-- obviously cranky and getting more and more impatient with
  incompetent administrators

Group<mailto:mosaic@literacyworkshop.org<mailto:mosaic@literacyworkshop.org>>
PROTECTED]:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>>
  >   Sent: Friday, October 10, 2008 10:35 PM
  >   Subject: RE: [MOSAIC] Your thoughts
  >

  >   Hi Wendy,
  >   I am wondering how many guided reading groups some of the other
  > teachers in your building have.
  >   Sometimes teachers have too many groups.  When this is the case,
  > sharing kids is a very good solution.  I work with teachers who have 7
  > groups in one class. They have been doing this so long that they no
  > longer see the problem with only getting face time with each group for
  > a few minutes per day.  They resist the suggestion that there could be
  > another way.  It's hard to change.  But sometimes the change has
  > greater benefits for all the kids.  It may be hard for the teacher,
  > but it could work for the kids.  Personally, I would rather have fewer
  > groups and get more face time per group, to really discuss and digest
  > strategies and stories.
  >
  >   I've been consulting for several years now.  The most successful
  > buildings I've worked in share the kids. My building had a building
  > wide reading time from 8:30 to 10:00AM.  The kids moved to different
  > rooms for the reading block.  We got excellent results.  It can work
  > when teachers take a team approach and work hard to communicate.
  >
  >   Amy715-453-6509
  >

  >> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  >> To: mosaic@literacyworkshop.org<mailto:mosaic@literacyworkshop.org>
  >> Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 10:53:35 -0500
  >> Subject: Re: [MOSAIC] Your thoughts
  >>
  >> You are so right, Bev! I have been sent very thoughtful replies and I
  >> appreciate everyone who gave their two cents. I know that it isn't

  >> good for
  >> kids, but I also know I need to go in to the next meeting well
  >> prepared to
  >> defend my position. I have great questions to ask and experience and
  >> research to cite. Thanks so much to everyone..I knew I could count on

  >> you!
  >>
  >> Wendy
  >>

  >>> From: "Beverlee Paul" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>>
  >>> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "Mosaic: A Reading
Comprehension

Group"<mosaic@literacyworkshop.org<mailto:mosaic@literacyworkshop.org>>
  >>> Subject: Re: [MOSAIC] Your thoughts
  >>> Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2008 07:11:16 -0600
  >>>
  >>> Hi Wendy - You've gotten such thoughtful replies, and I'd
  like to
  >>> kind of
  >>> sum up my experience and these replies and say: I think he'd
  need to
  >>> have
  >>> truly compelling reason (not an excuse) to change to this and I
  >>> think he'd
  >>> have kind of a hard time doing so. He needs to think, "In
  what way
  >>> would
  >>> these children be better served out of the classroom rather than
  in
  >>> the
  >>> classroom?" If there's no really good answer, I think the
  conclusion
  >>> is
  >>> obvious. Bev

  I love
  City,
  MOSAIC
  >>> read-Amazing!
  >>> You
  >>> children
  >>> best.

PROTECTED]>>
  wrote:

  Email" <

  We
  >>> do
  >>> room
  Do
  >>> of
  don't think it
  >>> periods
  >>> groups,
  approach. He
  >>> him
  >>> it.
  I've seen
  judge it so

http://literacyworkshop.org/mailman/options/<http://literacyworkshop.org/mailman/options/>

  http://snipurl.com/MosaicArchive<http://snipurl.com/MosaicArchive>.

http://mail.promotions.yahoo.com/newdomains/aa/<http://mail.promotions.yahoo.com/newdomains/aa/>

http://literacyworkshop.org/mailman/options/<http://literacyworkshop.org/mailman/options/>

  http://snipurl.com/MosaicArchive<http://snipurl.com/MosaicArchive>.

http://literacyworkshop.org/mailman/options/<http://literacyworkshop.org/mailman/options/>

  >>> mosaic_literacyworkshop.org.
  >>>
  >>> Search the MOSAIC archives at
http://snipurl.com/MosaicArchive<http://snipurl.com/MosaicArchive>.

http://literacyworkshop.org/mailman/options/<http://literacyworkshop.org/mailman/options/>

  >> mosaic_literacyworkshop.org.
  >>
  >> Search the MOSAIC archives at
http://snipurl.com/MosaicArchive<http://snipurl.com/MosaicArchive>.

http://literacyworkshop.org/mailman/options/<http://literacyworkshop.org/mailman/options/>

  > mosaic_literacyworkshop.org.
  >
  > Search the MOSAIC archives at
http://snipurl.com/MosaicArchive<http://snipurl.com/MosaicArchive>.

  "The ultimate goal of education must be to get each one out of his
  isolated class, and into the one humanity."
  ~ Paul Goodman

http://literacyworkshop.org/mailman/options/mosaic_literacyworkshop.org<http://literacyworkshop.org/mailman/options/mosaic_literacyworkshop.org>.