From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of laura herrel
Sent: Monday, November 17, 2008 5:25 PM
To: Mosaic@literacyworkshop.org
Subject: [MOSAIC] Independent Reading

Our middle school 5-8 teachs Language Arts and Reading in two seperate
periods - which I think is a sin. But that's not what I'm coming here to
post about. Our principal recently said he does not want to see the students
doing independent reading for longer than 15 minute during Reading class.
Does anyone see anything wrong with having a 30 minute reading period a
week?

It really irks me.