Briana,
You mentioned doing work with comprehension strategies, I'd like to recommend a
textbook that I just read in my sixth year program. It's all about
comprehension - much of what is not mentioned in any of the current reading
I've done. It's very interesting, Judy Irwin offers some ideas of how to
approach struggling readers as well. It's not an easy text to read, but it
really covers things that I had not heard of before. "Teaching Reading
Comprehension Processes" by Judy Westphal Irwin (2007). She was a professor at
UCONN.
Kelly AB

I am actually doing my Master's research on comprehension strategies ...