I've done a workshop like this with parents using Grandfather's Twilight (
almost a wordless book) and the questions and inferences, and connections were
wonderful. The parents worked with the kids and it was so easy to do... all
kids  could access the text and the exchange between and among families was
very  insightful... lots of positive response... we recorded all our thoughts
on
paper  tablecloths and later displayed them as :roundtable discussions... we
used  string to draw parallels ...even the display created a buzz as we left
pencils  and markers attached to the bulletin board which became an interactive
site for  the school community....

In a message dated 12/3/2008 6:47:33 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,