Hi Mark,

I've tried literature circles for the first time this year.  I  asked for tips
from Mosaic members and they directed me to Harvey Daniels books.  By looking
for those books at my school, I came upon other books.  I also went to my one
of my favorite teacher websites; mrcoley.com.  His literature role sheets are
available for free on his website.   He is an amazing 5th grade teacher
(reminds me of Beth Newingham) and shares his ideas and materials he has
created (classroom economy, classroom blogs, ipod flashcards, etc.).

After working with different literature circle role sheets and other ideas,
you'll eventually come up with ones that work for your class.  I absolutely
love the discussions and deeper understanding that has come out of using
literature circles in my classroom.  Good luck!

Carmen