And to this wonderful note I would add... read the classic fairy tales and
children's stories -- so many of our children come to school never having heard
The Three Little Kittens, or Goldilocks.? How sad!

-----Original Message-----
From: Ljackson <ljack...@gwtc.net>
To: Mosaic: A Reading Comprehension Strategies Email Group
<mosaic@literacyworkshop.org>
Sent: Sat, 6 Jun 2009 7:55 pm
Subject: Re: [MOSAIC] (no subject)

Teach them to love to learn. Make them want it bad. Teach them to share, play
nice and think deeply. Don't turn it into kindergarten--they have so little
time
to be children these days. Sing and dance. Explore. Read to them--lots. Play
blocks, dress-up and pretend--we see so many coming to school who don't seem to
know how to be fanciful and imaginative.

Lori Jackson
 District Literacy Coach and Mentor
 Todd County School District
 Box 87