From: mosaic-boun...@literacyworkshop.org
[mailto:mosaic-boun...@literacyworkshop.org] On Behalf Of Lisa Glos
Sent: Tuesday, March 10, 2009 3:22 PM
To: Mosaic: A Reading Comprehension Strategies Email Group
Subject: [MOSAIC] documentation about effectiveness of Houghton Mifflin Reading
Program

I am sure that this has been answered before and I apologize for the repeat,
but I was wondering if someone could help me find documentation about the
effectiveness of Houghton Mifflin's Reading Program.  The programming committee
at my school is looking at programs for next year and beyond.  The problem is,
they chose two teachers to be on the committee and they have 3 years experience
between them (all at this school).  When I expressed my concerns to the primary
teacher on the committee she mentioned that they are thinking of keeping HM.

I know that I have a problem with 'boxed' programs because I don't believe that
any one program meets all of  the needs of our students, but I want to come
with documentation to support my opinion; and my principal takes research over
anecdotal information about how a program works in our classrooms.

Thanks

Lisa

Lisa Glos
Instructional Support Teacher