From: Shirley Anderson [aj81...@yahoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 31, 2009 6:36 PM
To: mosaic@literacyworkshop.org
Subject: [MOSAIC] Math Journals

Hello,
My name is Shirley Anderson and I am a student teacher from Wayne State
University.  I am currently working on an idea from  the " Mosiac of Thought"
text to integrate a reading comprehension strategy into my Mathematic's course.
I work with middle school age students and I am complating incorporating
journals into the class.  What I am courious about is whether anyone has
attempted this strategy in a math clas and whether the strategy works or not.
Also, is no one has attempeted this strategy, I was wondering whether you
believe this is a good idea for incorportaing reading comprehension into the
math class based on other experiences you may have had.  If for some reason you
believe this is not a good strategy would you please take the time to suggest
one you believe would better suit this class environment.
Thank you,

Shirley Anderson
IMPORTANT: In compliance with federal law, the Rowan-Salisbury School System
administers all
educational programs, employment activities and admissions without
discrimination because of race, religion,
national or ethnic origin, color, age, military service, disability, or gender,
except where exemption is
appropriate and allowed by law.  The contents of this email and any attachments
are confidential. They are
intended for the named recipient(s) only.  If you have received this email in
error, please notify the system
manager or the sender immediately and do