OUr first grade teacher had one last year. She had each child compose at
least one poem. The teacher and student conferred multiple times to revise the
poem. Once it was set, they had to practice reading it orally until they were
fluent. The parents were invited. There was cookies and lemonade. The students
 shared one by one. The teacher had a microphone for the occasion. When a
presentation was over the audience snapped their fingers with approval. For the

students that did not have a parent present, staff members volunteered to be
a  "stand in" so that every kid had some support and an audience member. It
was  great!
Sue

In a message dated 4/4/2009 10:52:24 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,