A great book for anyone trying to figure out how to build community in a school is Learning Along the Way
by Diane Sweeney.  When our Literacy Coaches were
hired, the 'job' description was vague...This book helped
put things into perspective, and at the same time Coaches
realized that their job was to help teachers. Teachers that were receptive to a coach coming into their classrooms were
approached first...other teachers needed to realize that coaches
were not there to 'evaluate' them. Check out this book for some more
ideas.  I think you can find it on Amazon .
Jean/NJ