From: mcgen1998 <mcgen1...@yahoo.com>
Subject: [MOSAIC] 5th gr. Starting guided reading
To: mosaic@literacyworkshop.org
Date: Sunday, August 23, 2009, 5:44 PM

I teach 5th grade and am moving from lots of whole group instruction to guided
reading groups. I have a few "learning stations" in mind. But my question is:
How do I go about getting started? Don't I have to teach the skills needed in
the stations first?
 I have two different ability groups for two hours of language arts each. One
is a gifted group, so I'll probably do more literature circles than guided
reading with them. Does this sound right?
How long should it take before I am into the guided reading schedule?
Thanks for your imput.
Therese in NC