Looking back I guess I just didn't think quick enough .. . didn't know I had
too but I think we we're talking
about Author's Purpose.  I still (and probably will always) remember the
poetry book . . Whiskers and Rhymes
by Arnold Lobel.  This particular student would read poetry then read it a
loud to us later in the day and she
was not a proficient reader, but she tried.   I invited the principal to
come and listen but she didn't.
Cathleen