From: "L Stewart" <lstew...@branford.k12.ct.us>
To: "Mosaic: A Reading Comprehension Strategies Email Group"
<mosaic@literacyworkshop.org>
Sent: Tuesday, September 22, 2009 8:38:14 PM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: [MOSAIC] literacy plans for a sub

Does anyone have a brilliant plan for when you have to be out of the classroom?
This year we have to be out of our classrooms for 3-hour blocks of time for
professional development. It is impossible to leave a sub to juggle 3/4
separate reading groups. Does anyone have any resources or ideas for meaningful
literacy work that can be left with a sub? At this time of the year my class is
not yet independent enough to monitor their reading groups themselves.

Leslie R. Stewart
Grade 3 Teacher
lstew...@branford.k12.ct.us<mailto:lstew...@branford.k12.ct.us>
203-481-5386, 203-483-0749 FAX

To feel most beautifully alive means to be reading something beautiful, ready
always to apprehend in the flow of language the sudden flash of poetry. ~
Gaston Bachelard ~

<http://thinkexist.com/birthday/september_24/>