NO--this isn't a time for editing--you will diminish the responses you are receiving. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Cathleen Cunningham" <ccca...@gmail.com> To: "Mosaic: A Reading Comprehension Strategies Email Group" <mosaic@literacyworkshop.org>
Sent: Wednesday, October 21, 2009 6:25 PM
Subject: [MOSAIC] Okay I'll try to start something!

I few weeks ago I wrote to everyone about my situation during my reading
block.  Short story . . . we were
told that the students shouldn't be just reading during the reading block,
they should be working at their
station, etc.  So I lexile leveled ALL of my books (over 500), gave the
students their level, and a journal.
Told then if they have a book THEY BETTER HAVE THEIR JOURNALS! Anyway my
question is this... first I love journaling with the kids! I have a few due
each day and just write a
little but my question is . .. should I chat with them about their grammar,
puncuation, etc?  Sometimes
I want to take my purple pen and make the corrections. So who journals with
their kids . .. ? Do you
make corrections? I've been really impressed with their responses to their
books.

Thanks for your help!
Cathleen