From: Stewart, L <lstew...@branford.k12.ct.us>
To: 'Mosaic: A Reading Comprehension Strategies Email Group'
<mosaic@literacyworkshop.org>
Sent: Mon, Oct 26, 2009 12:40 pm
Subject: [MOSAIC] fluency

I have a very competent third grade student who is severely hindered by his
lack
f fluency when reading orally or to himself.  His comprehension and ability to
rite about text are solidly on grade level.  I am having him bring text home to
amiliarize himself with it and stay ahead of his reading group, but I was
ondering if anyone has any other suggestions.  I also have Readers Theater and
oems for reading aloud so he has natural instances that require multiple
eadings.
Leslie R. Stewart
203)481-5386 X310  FAX (203)483-0749
stew...@branford.k12.ct.us<mailto:lstew...@branford.k12.ct.us>
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and
hose who matter don't mind."
 ~ Dr. Seuss