No, but the high school does.  They move at a faster pace and often use more
difficult texts that challenge the students.  My son was in such a class and
he liked it because they had very rich discussions and he felt he wasn't
waiting for others -he liked the pace.

I have never taught leveled reading classes -only leveled groups.  I liked
that the higher students had rich discussion points that were tossed into
the whole group and gave everyone something to think about.   A lot of "I
never thought of it like that" from the low students.  It helped their
thinking process grow.
Jan