From: rr1...@aol.com
To: mosaic@literacyworkshop.org
Sent: Tue, Nov 10, 2009 9:52 pm
Subject: [MOSAIC] HELP!

I currently teach fourth grade, after having taught third for many years. I am
really struggling with reading this year. I am very tied in respect to how I
may teach reading. I am required to have a 30 minute whole group reading
session, with 60 minutes of station time. During stations I am pulling small
groups of students, while students work independently on their station
activities.

Test scores are of course, the be all, end all in my school and district. How
can I teach the necessary skills and strategies within this framework.

BTW, we are using Houghton Mifflin and are supposed to be teaching with
fidelty. I have already ignored that particulary demand!

Rosie