Today was a good day!

________________________________

From: mosaic-bounces+ginny.botello=palmbeach.k12.fl...@literacyworkshop.org on
behalf of Renee
Sent: Fri 5/28/2010 9:20 AM
To: Mosaic: A Reading Comprehension Strategies Email Group
Subject: Re: [MOSAIC] Need text suggestions for Trends and Issues in Reading

Actually, my favorite book about reading is Mem Fox's Radical
Reflections. It is a little thing, and not about pedogogy so much as it
is about the philosophy of being a reader/writer. When I purge my
bookshelves, this will be one of the very last books I will get rid of.
It's inexpensive, it's small, it's easily read/accessible, and it's
packed with food for thought and discussion.

If not a required read, I'd certainly put it on your suggested reading
list. You will have one of those, yes? :-)

Renee Goularte

On May 27, 2010, at 1:10 PM, Mena wrote:

>  I am pretty sure that I am going to require Readacide for my Trends
> and Issues class but does anyone have any other suggestions for
> must-read titles in the area of current issues in reading pedagogy?

"Many persons have a wrong idea of what constitutes true happiness. It
is not attained through self-gratification but through fidelity to a
worthy purpose."
~Helen Keller

--------------Palm Beach County Schools---------------------

Rated "A" by the Florida Department of Education 2005-2009

-----Home of Florida's first LEED Gold Certified School-----
-----------http://www.palmbeachschools.org-------------

The District of Palm Beach County is an Equal Education Opportunity
Provider and Employer. Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are
public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in
response to a public records request, do not send  electronic mail
to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in
writing.