From: "ccca...@gmail.com" <ccca...@gmail.com>
To: Mosaic: A Reading Comprehension Strategies Email Group
<mosaic@literacyworkshop.org>
Sent: Sat, August 7, 2010 10:11:09 AM
Subject: [MOSAIC] Independent Reading

I hope you can help! I need some sources (preferably current research) I can
print off regarding elementary age kids independently reading during reading.
My
principal
extremely dislikes seeing kids just reading. Accountability is huge. Last year
had the kids journal to me . . that was very enlightening! I had no problems
with that.
Independent reading seems to be a dirty phrase. Please help .. and ... thank
you!

Kathleen