I teach middle school. Last year we adopted the workshop model. Our trainer explained why we have students move in close and sit on the floor during mini lessons. Last year this worked for my students. This year several of my students are complaining about sitting on the floor. They say it hurts their back or knees. I don't want to say the SOME kids can sit in chairs, but others cannot. I'm looking for your thoughts on everyone moving their chairs in close. I have my doubts because it does not feel as intimate, and I think it will not allow me to get in close to the kids when they are talking with their partners. I'm especially interested in hearing from middle school teachers about what has worked for you. Thanks!
Jan