  From: Sally Thomas<mailto:sally.thom...@verizon.net>
  To: ws...@mindspring.com<mailto:ws...@mindspring.com> ; mosaic
listserve<mailto:mosaic@literacyworkshop.org>
  Sent: Tuesday, October 26, 2010 12:18 PM
  Subject: Re: [MOSAIC] Asking Authentic Questions

  Just wonder how much of that is learned behavior.  If kids haven't been
  using authentic questioning from the beginning, they've been exposed to test
  questions and book questions and questions that many (or at least some
  teachers us...e.g. Using mostly literal questions or at least thinking that
  without literal questions first and answered correctly children cannot also
  ask and/or respond to questions of all kinds, inferentially and unanswerable
  but worth thinking and talking about.

  I think it may take months if not more to "undo" allt hat has been learned
  so well!

http://literacyworkshop.org/mailman/options/mosaic_literacyworkshop.org<http://literacyworkshop.org/mailman/options/mosaic_literacyworkshop.org>.

http://snipurl.com/MosaicArchive<http://snipurl.com/MosaicArchive>.