On Wed, 3 Nov 2010 21:16:00 -0500
 "ginger/rob" <read.th...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
I received this email and I believe she intended it for the Mosaic group so I am forwarding it on:
My name is C. Wright. I am trying to incorporate reading into my 11th grade content area because our students score low on the reading and social studies part of the exam. I know part of the problem is that may students do not know how to read. Some do not comprehend. So I am trying to teach students how to be successful readers on the test as well as acquire a life skill. I noticed that if the passages are long many students do not any attempt to read. My greatest problem is trying to find strategies that work during a reading assignment. The before and after is okay, but during the reading my strategies fade.
Carolyn Wright
wchwri...@wilcox.k12.al.us

A resource you might want to purchase is a book called,"Taking the Test"..Authored by Connrad, Allen, Zimmer...they are Colorado teachers, staff developers with PEBC...it highlights teh CSAP state test but migh offer valuable strategies. DB