I agree that it's a fantastic resource, especially if you're just starting implementing WW. You should also read his book, which I THINK is called The Writing Workshop and is a beginner's dream companion! All of his books are very high-quality, but he did a wonderful job setting it all out for beginners in these materials.

Sent via DROID on Verizon Wireless

-----Original message-----
From: Rabundles <rabund...@gmail.com>
To: Mary C <teac...@yahoo.com>, "Mosaic: A Reading Comprehension Strategies Email Group" <mosaic@literacyworkshop.org>
Sent: Thu, Jun 30, 2011 23:23:17 GMT+00:00
Subject: Re: [MOSAIC] Writer's workshop book

I LOVE it!  It's not a book, though. It's a collection of lessons on
cardstock, so you can pull out the lesson card you want (for instance
"Dig Up Buried Stories" or "Use Choice Adjectives") and not have to
drag a whole book around. There are over 100 of these lesson cards
that have the lesson on one side, and examples or text to use on the
other side. An accordian folder with dividers is provided where you
store the cards based on either writing "qualities" or writing
"cycles." And finally, a teacher's guide in book form is also included
to help you navigate the cards.