In a message dated 7/21/11 7:59:51 PM, ddavi...@fau.edu writes:

> Well just to inform you I currently teach intensive reading for middle
> school students 6-8th grade and many of them do read on an elementary grade
> level. >>>>

I am in the same situation. I have 6,7,8 graders who read far below grade
level.   They miss their encore classes (art, technology, digital lit and
health). I feel sorry for the students, but at some point they have to begin to
catch up. Our high school has a very rigorous curriculum and the students
that are not reading on, or close to grade level, are going to have a very
hard time of it.

Pat
www.pawsofwood.com