From: mosaic-bounces+cavaiank=swallow.k12.wi...@literacyworkshop.org
[mailto:mosaic-bounces+cavaiank=swallow.k12.wi...@literacyworkshop.org] On
Behalf Of Dluhos Sara (31R024)
Sent: Thursday, August 18, 2011 11:09 AM
To: mosaic@literacyworkshop.org
Subject: [MOSAIC] Read aloud to start off the 7th grade

I have always used Fig Pudding by Ralph Fletcher with my lower level seventh
graders.  It is ONLY a read aloud (they do not ever have a copy in front of
them) to help get them started and motivated about books and listening skills. Works like a charm. I want something similiar in topic (a cute funny story that kids can relate to) but a little more challenging for my honors classes this year. Any ideas? It will also be read aloud to them.
Thanks in advance!
Sara