From: Saundra McDonald <sonimcdon...@comcast.net>
To: mosaic@literacyworkshop.org
Sent: Monday, September 19, 2011 9:44 PM
Subject: [MOSAIC] how do you teach phonics in grades 3-5?

We have recently implemented a Reading/Writing Workshop approach for grades 3-5
at our small independent school.  One of the teachers is quite concerned that
phonics is not being explicitly taught.  We do use Words Their Way.  In
addition, teachers include word attack skills during some of the mini-lessons.
How do other schools address this issue?

Thank you,
Saundra