For some kids, the signed alphabet makes a Huge difference.

Connected by DROID on Verizon Wireless

-----Original message-----
From: Laureen Greathouse <laureen.greatho...@gmail.com>
To: Mosaic@literacyworkshop.org
Sent: Thu, Nov 17, 2011 05:43:12 GMT+00:00
Subject: [MOSAIC] sight word help

I often use something called "say-spell-say',  in which the children say
the word,  spell it,  then say the word again.  While they do this,  I have
them clap,  punch,  bat-  anything that will add movement to the word.

I also give the student the magnetic letters of the word and have them
build the word.  After they are finished,  they "mess up"  the letters and
build the word again.

I hope this helps!

L.G.